- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 13 tbsp. (1 stick + 5 tbsp.) butter
- 1 c. sugar
- 2 tbsp. canola oil
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract (imitation is fine)
- 2 tbsp. milk
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Beat butter and sugar in large mixing bowl until crumbly.
- Add flour, baking soda, canola oil, and vanilla; beat until all ingredients are incorporated and the crumbly texture returns.
- Mix in milk.
- Bake six to a pan, formed by slightly flattening small balls of dough (note that they approximately double in size when baked), for 10-12 minutes or until done.
- Allow to cool slightly before moving cookies to baking rack.
This recipe does not work well with cookie cutters.